Doctoral Consortium at the 22nd International Conference on Asia-Pacific Digital Libraries (ICADL 2020)
December 2, 2020,Online meeting Jointly organized with Asia - Pacific Chapter of iSchools(AP-iSchools) in collaboration with Asia Library Information Research Group (ALIRG)
The organizing committee of Doctoral Consortium at the 22nd International Conference on Asia-Pacific Digital Libraries (ICADL 2020) is pleased to announce Call for Participation. The Doctoral Consortiumwill take place on Dec.2, 2020 and will be organized as a virtual event.
The Doctoral Consortium, whichis jointly organized by ICADL 2020, AP-iSchools, is an important event for graduate students to present and discuss their studies, as well as to build networks for future collaborations. AP-iSchools has hosted Doctoral Consortium at past annual meetings. This Doctoral Consortium is planned based on this tradition and to provide larger community for the participants.
Submission and Presentation
We solicit proposals for presentation from graduate students. We call for proposals in two tracks – on going and finished research presentations and research plan for doctoral degree. Members of the organizing team and professors from AP-iSchools will participate in the Doctoral Consortium and give comments and suggestions to help students brush up the research and to build up their research plans. Participation in the Doctoral Consortium is free. The accepted proposals will not be published (only presentation).
Venue and Date
Online event; December 2, 2020.
Tracks and Submission Information
Track 1: On-going and finished research.
Proposals may be made by one or more authors. The first author should be a doctoral student and present his/her research at the Doctoral Consortium.
Track 2: Research plans for pursuing doctoral degrees.
Proposals should be made by a doctoral student. His/her supervisor(s) may be indicated in the proposal.
All proposals should be written in English and include the followings:
1.Track: indicate track 1 or track 2.
3.Author(s): name, affiliation and email address(optional);for track 2 proposals: supervisor(s) name, affiliation and email address.
4.Keywords: five to ten keywords.
5.Extended Abstract: 1000 words(max).
- Acceptable file formats: MS Word and PDF
- Submission System: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icadl2020 see also the informationat: https://icadl.net/icadl2020
- Authors of accepted proposal have to present their work at the Doctoral Consortium. Organizing committee members will attend the Doctoral Consortium as mentors for the students.
- Submission Deadline: November 5, 2020
- Acceptance Notification: November 15, 2020
- Date of the Doctoral Consortium: December 2, 2020
Please check ICADL 2020 homepage for the updates on the Doctoral Consortium and general information about the conference.
Organizing Committee (tentative)
- Gaohui Cao (Central China Normal University, China)
- Wirapon Chansanam (Khon Kaen University, Thailand)
- Songphan Choemprayon (Chulalongkorn University, Thailand) – co-chair
- Norhayati Hussin (Universiti Teknologi Mara, Malaysia)
- Youngseek Kim (Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea) – co-chair
- Chei-Sian Lee (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore) – co-chair
- Chunqiu Li (Beijing Normal University, China)
- Rahmi (Universitas Indonesia, Indonesia)
- Masao Takaku (University of Tsukuba, Japan)
- Yuen-Hsien Tseng (National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan)
- Kulthida Tuamsuk (Khon Kaen University, Thailand)
- Qinghua Zhu (Nanjing University, China)
Please email us at DC-ICADL2020@easychair.org if you have any questions